I am having sharp pains on the right side right

Patient

Q: I am having sharp pains on the right side right underneath my rib cage, I've been dealing with sharp pains and stomach pain for what feels like weeks now and not just that spot both other parts of my abdomen, (its on and off during the daytime usually) nothing that wakes me up at night and its every day, I take a zantac twice a day, and methotrexate for athritis, i get blood tests every few months and tests are normal. I am just getting worried and wondering if I should see a Dr. Right away?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think you may have either a heart related issue or a peptic ulcer. I think that you should see a Doctor and get an ECG done. If that is negative, get a barium scan and a endoscopy done if needed. This will help you reach the diagnosis.

The treatment is by using antacids and some antibiotics. Hope this helps you. All the best.