Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am having tightness and severe pain in the upper

I am having tightness and severe pain in the upper

Patient: I am having tightness and severe pain in the upper stomach area. I thought it might just be gas buy i have been to rhe bathroom a few times and have belched and passed gas a good bit. Thia pain has been non stop since around noon time today. What could it be

Symptoms: Tightness in stomach and sharp pain

Doctor: Hi.Continuous pain in the upper abdomen with tightness and loose stools can be due to gastroenteritis.I would adv ise you the following:Get the stool and blood checked.Ultrasonography of the abdomen.Clinical evaluation and physical examination will help to get a proper diagnosis and hence a plan of the treatment.A course of antibiotic, metronidazole, probiotics, activated charcoal tablets will help you to recover fast.Hope this helps you.