I am having tightness and severe pain in the upper

Patient : I am having tightness and severe pain in the upper stomach area. I thought it might just be gas buy i have been to rhe bathroom a few times and have belched and passed gas a good bit. Thia pain has been non stop since around noon time today. What could it be
Symptoms:  Tightness in stomach and sharp pain
Doctor :   Hi. Continuous pain in the upper abdomen with tightness and loose stools can be due to gastroenteritis. I would adv ise you the following: Get the stool and blood checked. Ultrasonography of the abdomen. Clinical evaluation and physical examination will help to get a proper diagnosis and hence a plan of the treatment. A course of antibiotic, metronidazole, probiotics, activated charcoal tablets will help you to recover fast. Hope this helps you.