Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am having today macroematuria without burning or urgency t

I am having today macroematuria without burning or urgency t

Patient: I am having today macroematuria without burning or urgency to urinate? Can it be an UTI even if there is no burning and urgency to urinate?I have bactrim ds, should I start taking it?Kindly let me know…Thank you,Claudia

Symptoms: Macroematuria

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Usually, you do not have a UTI if you do not have burning urination and do not have a fe ver. But, you should be sure by getting checked up by a Doctor to confirm the diagnosis.Never take antibiotics by yourself as they have dangerous side effects.Hope this helps you.