I am height concious, anything i can do


Q: Sir, i am 19 years old and my height is 5'5 . Is there anything i can do? Anything even its a surgery. A doctor here said you can give a try to baryta carb


A:   Hello,
Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
Ones height is determined by ones genetics and if your father and mother are of the same height then this is your genetically determined height. Now that you are 19 year old, you still have 1-2 years of bone growth possible. You may involve yourself in games involving stretching like basketball or gymnastics. Baryta Carb has not shown to be effective among my patients who have opted for it.
Surgeries are not done for height gain. So that option is wisely closed.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

Wish you good health!

Related Q&A

Q: I lost my medication en route to a remote island in the Bahamas. I am gone for one week. I was on 10 mg of Paxil. I...

Q: I forgot to bring my prescription medication- an antidepressant on my trip to the Bahamas. The drug is an SSRI calle...

Q: I started taking fluoxetine yesterday, I took 40ng yesterday and 20 today but forgot to check about things like Niqui...

Q: Hi, I am really struggling, I feel like I have become completely alone, because a new psychiatrist I saw has diagnose...

Q: Hi, I recently had more depression and went into insomnia, i consulted a doctor and he adviced me for a blood test. ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon