I am height concious, anything i can do

Patient

Q: Sir, i am 19 years old and my height is 5'5 . Is there anything i can do? Anything even its a surgery. A doctor here said you can give a try to baryta carb

Doctor

Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
Ones height is determined by ones genetics and if your father and mother are of the same height then this is your genetically determined height. Now that you are 19 year old, you still have 1-2 years of bone growth possible. You may involve yourself in games involving stretching like basketball or gymnastics. Baryta Carb has not shown to be effective among my patients who have opted for it.
Surgeries are not done for height gain. So that option is wisely closed.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

Wish you good health!