Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am in contest prep for a bodybuilding competition I

I am in contest prep for a bodybuilding competition I

Patient: I am in contest prep for a bodybuilding competition. I was wondering how plan b will affect my hormones right now with being under 2 wks out from my show… What will it do yo my hormones? Will it cause me to store/hold onto weight? What are all of the affects it will have on my body?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood the history of your taking part in the bodybuilding competition, and taking plan-B can cause the problems as it can due to its hormonal contents in large more quantity.It can cause withdrawal bleeding on day 5 onward.Can cause retention of sodium and hence the water.If not taken till now, try to avoid and use condom.If at all needed already, can not then help.Hope this helps you.