I am in Israel and have had cold symptoms for

Patient

Q: I am in Israel and have had cold symptoms for about a week. A doctor saw me (I didn't think he did a thorough job) and said he tbought it was mild tonsillitis. He gave me anti biotics for 10 days but I am reluctant to take them Incase I just have a viral infection. My symptoms are these : I had sore throat for 2/3 days befor a runny nose began, and a cough. I also have rashes on my arms which could be due to something else like eczema. How do I know if it's bacterial? He didn't take a strep test and I don't really have access to the right medical help where I am. Are there symptoms which are different to a virus?

Symptoms:  Sore throat, enlarged right tonsil, coughing, sneezing, itch at back of throat, general lethargy
Doctor