Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » I am knock kneed and need treatment

I am knock kneed and need treatment

Patient: I am knock kneed and was wondering if there was anything that can be done to fix this? Am I going to be stuck with this?

Symptoms: Knee pain

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Genu Valgum (Pediatric Knock Knees), is a condition that one is born with or develops durin g growth. Treatment of this condition depends on the severity of the medial curvature of the knee joints, and how old you are. Younger patients who are still growing may respond really well to wearing straightening braces, but in older patients these are less effective. In the most severe cases, surgery may be considered to straighten the knee joint, but this is a very risk surgery, and require careful consideration before electing to having this surgery.Thank you for consulting

View all posts