Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am late in my period by a month

I am late in my period by a month

Patient: I am late in my period by a month and a half. I’ve taken 3 pregnancy test that are negative although I do believe I have a few symptoms of pregnancy.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many cau ses like lifestyle modifications, polycystic ovary disease, gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes etc. As all your pregnancy tests gave negative results, the possibility of pregnancy is less.As your periods are one and half months late, better to consult your Doctor, get examined and go for investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin and blood sugar levels estimation etc.With this workup, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Hope this helps.Take care.