Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am late My periods are regular

I am late My periods are regular

Patient: I am late. My periods are regular. I have mild cramps they are very slight and not all of the time. My breast are very swollen and slightly sore. I am nervouse to take a home pregnancy test . Could I be pregnant

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.Usually, menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only.If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is a possibility of pregnancy.Breast tenderness, pain abdomen etc symptoms can be seen in the premenstrual phase and also in early pregnancy.If you do not get periods even one week after expected date, please go for urine pregnancy test once.Hope this helps.Take care