I am on 1/2 dexamethasone pill, progesterone shots I took

Q: I am on 1/2 dexamethasone pill, progesterone shots. I took two pregnancy tests two different days and it's positive. Does either of these meds give false positives

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.
Thanks for trusting us for your health issues. I have read your query in detail and i understand your concern.
No, Dexamethasone and Progesterone are not going to give you false positive results as the home urine pregnancy test kits measure human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) and not Dexamethasone or Progesterone.
False positive test results can occur due to:
1.Errors of test application
2.Use of drugs containing the hCG molecule (In your case, Dexamethasone and Progesterone are not going to cause this)
3. Medications like chlorpromazine, phenothiazines and methadone.
4. Liver diseases, cancers like choriocarcinoma.
So, if you had an unprotected sexual intercourse, and have missed your periods, and also the pregnancy test done at home is also positive, then most probably you are pregnant.
Share my opinion with your doctor.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.