Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am on antibiotics for a uti and am wondering

I am on antibiotics for a uti and am wondering

Patient: I am on antibiotics for a uti and am wondering how many times a day should i go to the bathroom?

Symptoms: I had burning and itching but is resolving.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Noted your history of being on an antibiotic for UTI and you are wondering as to how man y times should you go to the bathroom.Your history also says you had burning and itching and is resolving.With UTI, it can be many many times that the person visits the bathroom.With settling UTI, the frequency does come down but as one is taking plenty of water , still the frequency will be there.Once the infection is settled and you start taking normal quantity of fluids, the frequency will come down to normal, which can vary 1 to 5 times a day.Hope this helps you