Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am on birth control and due to the severity

I am on birth control and due to the severity

Patient: I am on birth control and due to the severity of my periods, I am always on the “active” pills. I have been on these for 8 months now and haven’t gotten a period. My boyfriend is allergic reaction to condoms so we never use them. Lately I have been stressed and maybe not staying as hydrated as I should and I have felt dizzy nausea and migraines. Today I notice some pinkish when I was going to the bathroom and I am wondering what this could mean?

Doctor: Hello.Thanks for the query.The pinkish discharge is a common side effect of the pills. There is nothing much to wo rry about, as long as you do not have pain, cramps and increased bleeding or fever, indicative of an infection.Do a pregnancy test if your symptoms get too much.Drink plenty of water and try to reduce stress. Physical activity in excess must be avoided. Also, check your blood pressure and sugar levels. Maintain a healthy diet.Hope this helped.Regards.