I am on day 5 taking zactin 20mg fluoxetine for

Patient

Q: I am on day 5 taking zactin 20mg fluoxetine for menopause symptoms and I decided I don't want to take them can I just stop

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
The most common post menopausal symptoms that trouble women are the hot flushes and mood swings with occasional atrophic vaginitis symptoms which amounts for vaginal dryness.

Fluoxetine and zactin can be used for mood swings but are not mandatory at all. One can easily control these symptoms naturally by taking foods rich in isoflavones or natural estrogens like tofu, flax seeds, alpha sprouts, soyabean. You may incorporate these foods in your daily diet at least 2 servings of either in a day and your natural estrogen levels shall be maintained and you may not require any medications at all.

You may stop these medications and also increase your daily water intake to 4-5 liters a day and also take calcium supplements as well for bone protection.

I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,