I am on day 8 out of ten using leviquin

Patient

Q: I am on day 8 out of ten using leviquin. I had a sinus infection that two other antibiotics did not get rid of. Now I am having rectal bleeding. Should I stop taking it now or finish the last two doses?

Symptoms:  Rectal bleeding
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

You should always finish the complete course of the antibiotics that have been given to you. Not completing a course causes a resistant strain of bacteria to be produced which is very difficult to treat and very dangerous.

You need to see your Doctor about the remaining symptoms and get treated accordingly. They may or may not be related to the Levaquin therapy.

Hope this helps you. All the best.