Ask The Doctor > Pending > I am on depo A couple days ago I started

I am on depo A couple days ago I started

Patient: I am on depo. A couple days ago I started bleeding I don’t usually get my period now that I’m on depo but I just assumed it was a period. 2 day into my “period” the blood was much heavier, my cramps were far worst than other cramps I’ve ever had and I passed something that looked very unusual. I’m not sure what it was but I went to the ER the next day thinking it might have been a miscarriage because what came out looked like a fetus. They did test to see if I ever was pregnant and then they did 2 ultrasound the ultrasounds showed I wasn’t pregnant but there was something in there. My test came back that I was never pregnant but they don’t know what came out of me. is it possible that it still could have been a miscarriage?

Doctor: