I am on depo provera and i had early periods

Patient : I am on depo provera. I usually don't have a period until around the week im due for the next shot. This period is unusually early, heavy, painful and extended. Should I be worried?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. If you have been on 3 monthly depot provera, then an early menses is likely due to str ess-induced hormonal imbalances and early progesterone withdrawal during this month leading to heavier bleeding accompanied with dysmenorrhoea. it is normal and you should consult your physician if the bleeding is excessive and last for more than 5 days. The bleeding can be controlled with antifibrinolytics medications like tranexamic acid easily. The fresh injection can be taken as scheduled, just an additional barrier contraception may have to be used for first 2 weeks before progesterone levels are re-established. I hope I have answered your query in detail. Wishing you good health. Regards