I am on despresstion tablets

Patient: I am on despresstion tablets

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.If you are suffering from Depression, I suppose, you should take help of a Psychiat rist.He would evaluate you with all routine investigations like Hemogram, Blood sugar, Thyroid profile, Vitamin D levels and if any abnormality found, would refer you to a Physician.He will evaluate and discuss with you the problems and difficulties you are facing.He will get you a Psychologist’s counseling done.If he feels, you are severely depressed, he will start you on SSRI’s like Escitalopram. You should not take any medicine for depression by yourself.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy