I am on metformin and an antibiotic I take

Patient : I am on metformin and an antibiotic. I take 1 metformin before meals and one at bedtime. I take antibiotic after breakfast and after supper. My blood sugar was 297 after lunch because i forgot my meds. When I got home I took. 2 and an hour later it was 200 and I feel light headed. What should I do?
Doctor :   Hi. Welcome to Ask the Doctor. Thanks for your query. I have gone through your question in detail and understood you r concerns. Please find my observations below: > You are feeling light headed probably due to the consumption of 2 metformin tablets at a time. > Do not worry, you will feel better in due course of time once the concentration of medicine in your blood decreases. > Till then, just stay at home and take complete rest, have plenty of oral fluids and try to have some fruits and salads in between. > You should feel relieved within 5-6 hours from now. If your condition still persists after 5-6 hours from now, then please see your PCP for further examination and evaluation. Hope I have answered your question in detail. Wish you good health. Take care.