I am on metformin and an antibiotic I take

Patient: I am on metformin and an antibiotic. I take 1 metformin before meals and one at bedtime. I take antibiotic after breakfast and after supper. My blood sugar was 297 after lunch because i forgot my meds. When I got home I took. 2 and an hour later it was 200 and I feel light headed. What should I do?

Doctor: Hi.Welcome to Ask the Doctor. Thanks for your query.I have gone through your question in detail and understood you r concerns.Please find my observations below:> You are feeling light headed probably due to the consumption of 2 metformin tablets at a time.> Do not worry, you will feel better in due course of time once the concentration of medicine in your blood decreases.> Till then, just stay at home and take complete rest, have plenty of oral fluids and try to have some fruits and salads in between.> You should feel relieved within 5-6 hours from now. If your condition still persists after 5-6 hours from now, then please see your PCP for further examination and evaluation.Hope I have answered your question in detail.Wish you good health.Take care.