I am on my period currently Every time I have

Patient: I am on my period currently. Every time I have a HUGE blood clot. It hurts when coming out. It is about the size of my whole palm

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Excessive and/or prolonged bleeding during periods is called menorrhagia.It can occur due to many causes like uterine causes like fibroids, adenomyosis, endometrial abnormalities, gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal abnormalities, coagulation factors abnormalities etc.If there is any possibility of pregnancy, miscarriage has to be ruled out.As you are having heavy bleeding with clots, better to get evaluated. Please do consult your doctor, get examined and go for investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, complete blood picture etc.With this workup, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Take care