I am on the contraceptive patch

Patient

Q: I am on the contraceptive patch but sometimes forget to put it back on for 2 days after I have taken it off. I forgot to put it back on just over 2 weeks ago and had a little bleed. I had sexual intercourse exactly 2 weeks ago an now I feel nauseous, have very sore breasts and they are leaking fluid. Is there a high chance I am pregnant?

Doctor

A:   Hello.

With irregular use of contraception and delay in re-insertion, always increases the failure rates and causes increased pregnancy chances. The symptoms you described are also in favor of an early pregnancy. Kindly rule out pregnancy by seeing a Gynecologist and getting a beta hCG blood test done.

Hope this helped.