Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am on the pill and I forgot to take

I am on the pill and I forgot to take

Patient: I am on the pill and I forgot to take it on Saturday, I didn’t realise until Sunday, so I took two on Sunday – one in the morning and one on the evening ! My boyfriend and I had intercourse on Saturday and he cameInsideOfMe, is there a chance that I couldb be pregnant ? 🙁

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you took the missed pill within 24 hours along with the regular pill, the possibility of pregnancy is less.You can expect the same contraceptive efficacy as with regular intake.If you miss your expected date of periods, please go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.Take care.