Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am only a teen and I notice my hair

I am only a teen and I notice my hair

Patient: I am only a teen and I notice my hair falling. None of my parent have genetic baldness. I was wondering why this is happening to me and how I can stop it.

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Hair fall at your age is most commonly due to dandruff, iron def iciency, calcium deficiency, vitamin D deficiency and thyroid issues.I would advise you to see your doctor if you have any dandruff. He will also get you following tests done:1. Iron studies.2. Vitamin D and Calcium levels.3. Hemogram4. Thyroid profile.If everything is normal, he will treat you with a good multivitamin supplement.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy