Ask The Doctor > Pending > I am pregnant and due on April 20th I am

I am pregnant and due on April 20th I am

Patient: I am pregnant and due on April 20th. I am 2 cm dilated and baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead, so the hospital requires me to be induced at 39 weeks, which will be on April 13th. I recently discovered blisters and was diagnosed today with genital herpes. Because I am in my third trimester and this is my first outbreak, I will have to have a c section. Although I would be induced on April 13th and the doctors have said she would probably come on her own before then, they scheduled my c section for April 15th. My doctor confirmed my fear that if my water were to break before, that there is a chance the virus could pass to her. Is a scheduled c section in 4 weeks really the safest option or should it be scheduled sooner? Should I find a different doctor?

Doctor: