Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am pregnant and heard different things about eating run

I am pregnant and heard different things about eating run

Patient: I am pregnant and heard different things about eating run my egg. Can You eat runny eggs while being pregnant?

Doctor: HiThank you for the question,Eggs are a good choice as part of a healthy, balanced diet. As well as being a sourc e of protein, they also contain vitamins and minerals. They can be part of a healthy meal that’s quick and easy to make. Eating raw eggs, eggs with runny yolks or any food that is uncooked or only lightly cooked and contains raw eggs can cause food poisoning, especially in anyone who is in an ‘at risk’ group. This is because eggs may contain salmonella bacteria, which can cause serious illness.I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.