Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am pregnant and I know during pregnancy nosebleeds are common

I am pregnant and I know during pregnancy nosebleeds are common

Patient: I am pregnant and I know during pregnancy nosebleeds are common but every morning I wake up blow my nose and theres blood all in my nose. Should I be concerned?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Decreased peripheral vascular resistance and increased blood supply during pregnancy can lead to nosebleeds sometimes.Taking plenty of water and fluids to keep the nasal mucosa moist, blowing the nose gently, avoiding exposure to dry air etc can decrease nasal bleeds.If nasal bleeds persist even after doing all these things, better to consult your Doctor and get examined once.Hope this helps.Take care.