Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am pregnant have accidentally taken the wrong omega

I am pregnant have accidentally taken the wrong omega

Patient: Hi there. I am 10.5 weeks pregnant with twins and have accidentally taken the wrong omega 3 capsule for the last two nights (husband picked wrong item off shelf and I have severe morning sickness and so didn’t notice until today). This includes 100 mg starflower (borage oil) and 100 evening primrose oil. Having googled this, I am now concerned. Would appreciate your advice. Best wishes and thank you.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.I have gone through your query and I noted that you had consumed the medicine for 2 nights.Yes, in the long run borage as well as primrose affects the hormonal levels by inhibiting progesterone levels, but two nights is not going to cause any harm to the baby. If it is taken for a long duration of time, for example, a week or two, it starts affecting the pregnancy by affecting the progesterone levels. So, please do not worry and abstain from further consumption of both starflower oil as well as primrose.Regards.