I am pregnant I dont know how far along

Patient

Q: I am pregnant. I dont know how far along i am. My last menstrual period was dec. 27, 2014. Yesterday i went to the er because i was bleed. It was like reddish/brownish blood. Today, a weird black clot came out when i used the restroom is there a chance i could have a miscarriage?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

According to your last menstrual period, in case of previous history of regular menstrual cycles, your gestational age should around be 11 weeks and 2 days.
The possible causes of bleeding in your case are increased blood supply to local genital structures, growing gestational sac damaging the surrounding vessels, impending abortion etc.
As you had two episodes of bleeding better to consult your doctor once and get examined.
By examination and an ultrasound, the possible cause of the problem can be identified and treated.

Take care.