Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am pregnant While my lover and I was having

I am pregnant While my lover and I was having

Patient: I am pregnant. While my lover and I was having sex I experience sharp pains in my stomach and butt and fluid ran out. What could be wrong?

Symptoms: Pain in my stomach and anus and leaking fluids.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Sexual intercourse is not recommended during first and third trimester of pregnancy. In risk cases like cervical incompetence, infections, precious conceptions, it is not recommended at any time during pregnancy. It seems like the intercourse has led to the rupture of membranes, that is the sac around the baby. This can cause the amniotic fluid to leak out and it is a critical situation wherein there is a threat to the baby’s survival. Kindly see a gynecologist immediately to rule out rupture of membrane. In case of rupture, you will need hospitalisation and further management.Hope this helped.Regards