Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am really worried please can u help me

I am really worried please can u help me

Patient: Hello doctor,I am trying for a baby yesterday was my last day of period … but i am on a 7 days course of clarithromycin 500mg tablets x 14 for 7 days which ends on the 6th of march, Rough date of my ovulation is between 8th to 10th of march. i just want to know how long will this antibiotic stay in my system . do i have to worry if i get pregnent during my ovulating days ????????please help i am worried i have taken 1 tablet already

Symptoms: Coughing , chest infection

Doctor: Hello.Thanks for the query.If your concern is primarily regarding the excretion of clarithromycin tablets before y ou conceive, then it is 72 hrs after the last dosage ie. by 9th march, the complete medication should be metabolized. Though it’s a relatively safe medicine in pregnancy, a category C drug, but it shouldn’t be used in early first trimester. You can safely complete the course of antibiotics and can plan the pregnancy in the ovulation days.Regards