October 18, 2018

I am really worried please can u help me

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am really worried please can u help me

Patient: Hello doctor,I am trying for a baby yesterday was my last day of period … but i am on a 7 days course of clarithromycin 500mg tablets x 14 for 7 days which ends on the 6th of march, Rough date of my ovulation is between 8th to 10th of march. i just want to know how long will this antibiotic stay in my system . do i have to worry if i get pregnent during my ovulating days ????????please help i am worried i have taken 1 tablet already

Symptoms: Coughing , chest infection

Doctor: Hello.Thanks for the query.If your concern is primarily regarding the excretion of clarithromycin tablets before y ou conceive, then it is 72 hrs after the last dosage ie. by 9th march, the complete medication should be metabolized. Though it’s a relatively safe medicine in pregnancy, a category C drug, but it shouldn’t be used in early first trimester. You can safely complete the course of antibiotics and can plan the pregnancy in the ovulation days.Regards

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No