I am s/p breast cancer X 3 years 61

Q: I am s/p breast cancer X 3 years. 61 yo. Dx of herpes with Abnormal pap smear in May 2014. Since then, 2 abnormal pap smears, colposcopy and LEEP procedure done. At least 3 abnormal pap smears after that time. Now last week, still abnormal pap. GYN doctor recommends repeat colposcopy since she cannot find any reason for abnormal paps. Wondering if there is a need for concern, 2nd opinion or should I trust her expertise? She says no cancer there and nothing really to worry about. Of course, I'm worried. Thank you for your time.

Symptoms:  None just concern over abnormal paps

Thanks for the query to ATD,

If the latest PAP smear is again abnormal and still the histopathological report says that its cytology according to BETHESDA system is still ASCUS, AGUS or even CIN 1/2 then a conservative approach can be opted for in terms of a repeat colposcopy but if the report has been CIN3, LSIL or HSIL, then hysterectomy along with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy is the best option at present as the chances of the lesion turning to cervical cancer is higher and already you have undergone an LEEP procedure without much success.
You may discuss the option with your physician and take an informed decision.

I hope I have answered your query,