Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am setting up an appointment with my new doctor

I am setting up an appointment with my new doctor

Patient: I am setting up an appointment with my new doctor tomorrow, but the waiting list is three weeks out.I have recently changed my eating habits (healthier) and began exercising at least 60 mins a day. I have also been drinking at least 104oz of water a day….and the past three days I have increased it another 52oz. I don’t know if I am drinking too much.I weigh 210lbs and am working on losing weight.Am I drinking too much?I also feel thirsty all the time & my lips feel dry, but I don’t know if that is in my head.Help!

Symptoms: Thirsty, I feel dehydrated, cotton mouth

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood you history and concerns.If you are feeling thirst even after dri nking so much water, please check your urine and blood for Diabetes mellitus and incipidus.Please discuss this with your Doctor.Avoid drastic changes.Go slow for a changeover as body too needs time to get adjusted to.Hope this helps you.