I am sexually active and i have not had sex

Patient

Q: I am sexually active and i have not had sex in three weeks last time i had sex a condom broke and a piece broke off into me. It did not come out for three weeks should i be concerned. I have been tested i am not pregnant and i dont have a std and i have only had sex with one partner. Can the condom breaking cause and infection because it was in there so long?

Symptoms:  Hurting in vaginal area
Doctor

It is indeed unfortunate that such a thing has happened.
Since pregnancy test is negative, repeat the same after one week to be very sure that there is no pregnancy. All condoms are tested and tried keeping in mind the problem of breakage, which is common. It generally will not cause infection. There is nothing to worry in this regard.
In case of any abnormal discharge or fever, see a doctor immediately.

Hope this helped.