I am so much tensed Even I m unable to study.

Patient : I am so much tensed. Even I m unable to study and my examination is going to be started soon. I m giving all time to myself to understand what I want. But I m unable to do so. What should I do?
Doctor :   Hello Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. Exam related anxiety is very common and probably you a re also having the same. Excess anxiety can impair the concentration abilities. You may take Propranolol or Clonazepam at present to reduce your anxiety and get the exams done. Propranolol may be taken in 40mg strength. The only contraindication is asthma. Further if time permits you may consider doing relaxation therapy like yoga or meditation. Do meet your doctor and get these medicines prescribed. Hope this helps, Wish you a good health.