I am south Indian so my skin is dark

Patient

Q: I am south Indian so my skin is dark. I have been using benzaclin topical gel in a pump for 50days now. The acne is only on my forhead. I have these weird lines on my forehead. The lines are lighter so they make my forhead look like a cheetah print. And my skin is always dry and flakey. What are the lines? And will they go away soon?

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

For acne, I prefer to advise topical application of Benzoyl peroxide/ Retinoic acid or Clindamycin over the lesions in mild to moderate acne. In severe cases, oral antibiotics like Doxycycline/ Minocycline are advised.
In Refractory cases, consideration is given to start oral isotretinoin.
Avoid hair oil application and oily food in the diet.
Regarding your second query, the wrinkles you mentioned on forehead may be due to photodamage as a result of excessive sun exposure.
I usually advise my patients to apply sunscreen regularly over sun-exposed areas.
Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription accordingly.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Take care.