I am suffering from blisters and sever itchiness around my

Patient : I am suffering from blisters and sever itchiness around my wound on the leg. At the moment I am using Bactroban ointments and Calasthetic cream. What can you recommend
Symptoms:  Blisters and itchiness
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform. You seem to be having a tra umatic ulcer. In such a big wound, I prefer to advise oral broad spectrum antibiotics like combination of ampicillin and cloxacillin to my patients. You are already applying Bactroban which contains Mupirocin 2 percent. You should apply it at least 2 times per day. In such big wound, growth peptides containing formulations also help. You should keep the wound clean and dry. Wash it daily with soap and water two times a day. In diabetes, wound healing takes longer time. I would like to advise you to get your blood sugar levels done. In case it does not respond to all of these, you should get a skin biopsy done from the margin of the ulcer and stain for AFB to rule out Mycobacterial or Atypical mycobacterial infection. Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy.

Related Q&A

Q: I was in vacation and 4 days into the trip I developed a itchy feeling all over my body. I have no bite marks however...

Q: I got a test ige immunoglobulin serum test . The value cams 520 ? What does this mean . I am a 30 years old mum .

Q: My friend took alegra and tussin and speed and now he says he is having a hard time breathing and stayingawake

Q: Hello, I had my nose pierced about 4 weeks ago. I thought I was starting to get an infection but it turned out to be...

Q: I really want a cat but suffer with allergies. Is there any way I can live with one and control the allergy


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon