Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am suppose to start my period in 7 days

I am suppose to start my period in 7 days

Patient: I am suppose to start my period in 7 days. I had unprotected sec a couple nights ago and he cum inside. What are thexpected chances I could end up pregnant?

Doctor: Hello.Thanks for the query.The safe period in a woman who has regular cycles every month for 28 to 30 days lies be tween day 1 of the cycle to day 7 and again from day 23 onwards. Since your sexual intercourse is slightly closer to the safe period, chances of pregnancy are less, but definitely not less than 50 percent. There is all possibility that you may get pregnant as it was unprotected and also followed by an ejaculation.Hope this helped.Regards