I am taking Prozac and viibryd If I take alka

Patient: I am taking Prozac and viibryd. If I take alka seltzer ..the dissolving tablets will it interact? Is it safe

Doctor: HelloThank you posting your query on “Ask the Doctor”Alka Seltzer is an effervescent antacid locally ac ting in stomach that provides instant relief from stomach pain and discomfort in case of acidity.Alka Seltzer with Prozac and viibryd is not contraindicated. But it should be taken after time gap of at least half hour after taking alfa sheltzer, otherwise it may affect absorption of drugs. You are advised to take both Prozac and viibryd at different time after food without using alka seltzer.Alka seltzer should not be taken for more than 5 tablets and also not recommended for daily use.You may ask your doctor to prescribe safe PPI for your heartburn problem. He or she may prescribe Tab.Rabeprazole 20 mg once daily.Wish you a good health.