I am taking vancomycin for cdiff and my fingers toes

Patient : I am taking vancomycin for cdiff and my fingers toes and arms start tingling 1-2 hours after taking it and then I have trouble sleeping.
Symptoms:  Tingoing in fingers toes and hands. Trouble sleeping.
Doctor :   Hello, Welcome to ATD.Thank you for the query. Vancomycin may cause numbness or tingling ("pins and needles"). Ask your physician about it and he may replace it with other antibiotic. Other oral antibiotic, fidaxomicin, has been approved to treat C. difficile. Once the drug is changed you will get proper sleep as well. Hope this helps.All the best.