I am terrible at taking my oral birth control pill

Patient : I am terrible at taking my oral birth control pill (mononessa) I am thinking about switching to implanton and have scheduled an appointment with a doctor for the week after my next period. I read that if you get the implant within 5 days of your period then it protects from pregnancy but if I start it after I would not be protected. If I got the implant and also took mononessa would tha be healthy? Would I be protected from pregnancy?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. The implant will protect from pregnancy after 7 days of insertion. Thus, you can use anot her method of contraception to prevent pregnancy for 7 days. You should not go for the pill and implant together because it may cause hormonal imbalance. You can use a condom for the same. Hope this was useful. Regards