Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am trying to figure out if i have a

I am trying to figure out if i have a

Patient: I am trying to figure out if i have a stomach virus or its something else. Ive been having hot and cold flashes,headaches, body aches, and sick stomach. This started yesterday. Today i noticed a lump in my groin left side its pretty tender and painful to touch so im wondering if a stomach bug could cause this or would it be something else

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.I can understand your concern here.Yes, you are right i f your symptoms are due to viral or bacterial infection in the stomach, they can have lumps in your groin area.This swelling can be due to swollen lymph nodes( STD infection can cause swollen lymph nodes).There are other causes of lump in groin area it can be due to orchitis, epididymitis and prostatitis.( it can be due to viral inection, STD infection ).Hence you should consult a Physician for the same and get yourself examined and investigation, including STD testing should be done to rule out the cause.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.Regards

Patient: So more than likely its from the bug i have?

Doctor: Hi,
Yes, most likely due to stomach bug and simultaneously rule out other STD infection.
Hope it is useful.