October 21, 2018

I am trying to get pregnant and currently my prescriptions

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am trying to get pregnant and currently my prescriptions

Patient: I am trying to get pregnant and currently my prescriptions medicines I take are 200mcg synthroid and 2x 10 mg so 20mg/day amitriptylin. The amitriptylin says not to take if breastfeeding, is it ok if trying to get pregnant? And once I do become pregnant can I take it? Thanks!

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Amitriptyline is an antidepressant and should be avoided during pregnancy and conceptio n. Consult a Gynecologist for an opinion and should be taken only if indicated and cannot do without it. It is also not indicated in breastfeeding.Hope this helped.Regards

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No