I am trying to get pregnant and currently my prescriptions

Patient

Q: I am trying to get pregnant and currently my prescriptions medicines I take are 200mcg synthroid and 2x 10 mg so 20mg/day amitriptylin. The amitriptylin says not to take if breastfeeding, is it ok if trying to get pregnant? And once I do become pregnant can I take it? Thanks!

Doctor

Amitriptyline is an antidepressant and should be avoided during pregnancy and conception. Consult a Gynecologist for an opinion and should be taken only if indicated and cannot do without it. It is also not indicated in breastfeeding.

Hope this helped.