Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am trying to lose muscle mass How long does

I am trying to lose muscle mass How long does

Patient: I am trying to lose muscle mass. How long does it take for muscle to shrink if I stop exercise all together? And if I lose muscle mass is there a chance that I would become lighter on the scale And look less muscular? Will i gain more fat?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think the best way for you to lose the muscle and the weight is to perform a lot of ca rdio and also restrict the calorie intake. This will help you to lose weight and the low protein will prevent the repair of muscle.Also, doing low weight and high reps of any muscle will help to tone it down.Hope this works for you. All the best.