Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am TTC and ha light pink spotting today lasting

I am TTC and ha light pink spotting today lasting

Patient: I am TTC and ha light pink spotting today lasting less then 5 minutes. I am 5 days before expected period. What could thus spotting be?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.According to your history, this spotting could be premenstr ual spotting or implantation bleeding.To come to one conclusion, please wait till your expected date of periods.If spotting subsides and if you miss your expected date of periods, please go for urine pregnancy test once to find out the possibility of pregnancy.If spotting continues with menstrual flow, track your ovulation in next cycle and plan unprotected intercourse around that period which will increase the possibility of pregnancy.Take care