I am usually pretty regular with my periods coming around

Patient

Q: I am usually pretty regular with my periods coming around every 28 days. at the end of last month I had very light bleeding and cramping for 3 days 2 weeks before my period was due. Now I am about 2 weeks late with no period and multiple negative pregnancy tests. Could I be pregnant?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

You have not given your age which will help answer this question. It is unlikely that you are pregnant if you have been careful with your contraception and monitor the cycles well.

If you are around 20 years of age, then it is possible you have an irregular cycle. This is common in women in their 20s. I would advise you to wait a week and get another preg test done. If negative, do not worry.

Check that the periods are regular the next 2 cycles and if they are, do not worry. If they are not. Talk to a Doctor to find out the reason for the irregularity.

All the best.