I am wondering of i could possibly be pregnant?

Q: I had my period on the 25th of september. i had spotting a week or two before my period. i missed my period for october i took a pregnamcy test two or three weeks ago and was negative. the last day i had sex was around the 15th of september. this symptom started about three weeks ago but when i get hungry i feel like puking, i get really nauseous and another thing that started about two to three weeks ago is i have been getting stomache acid and i also had spotting around the time i was supposed to start my period in october i am almost a week late. i need to know if i could possibly be pregnant or if there could be an underlying cause

Symptoms:  Late period, nausea, stomach acid, mood swings, heavyness in uterus, tiredness, spotting

A:   Thank you for your query.
Wait for another 2 to 3 days repeat the home pregnancy test if it negative too & if you have not had your period yet then it is advisable that you opt for a blood test for βhCG to rule out pregnancy this is rather more sensitive assay which can detect low levels of the hormone corresponding to the early pregnancy. Since you say you are sexually active and had unprotected sexual intercourse the earlier spotting can as well be an implantation bleeding as well. Sometimes apart from pregnancy hormonal imbalance, fluctuations in thyroid hormonal levels either related or unrelated to stress, strain, anxiety, change in lifestyle, excessive weight gain or loss, heavy exercise can lead to irregularities in the menstrual cycle pattern, in otherwise regularly menstruating women. It is better to see the doctor who can further investigate to ascertain the underlying reason & advise apt treatment accordingly.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.