I am worried I might have an STD.

Patient : I am experinceing some mild pain and ichiy discomfort in my penis after having sex with some one the night before
Symptoms:  Discomfort and a kinda itchy mild pain
Doctor :   Hello, The mild pain and itchiness as a symptoms if experienced by you after an intercourse a day prior, then it is li kely that you may have contracted urethral infection, probably a fungal infection or a chlamydia which she may have been harbouring. It is suggested that you may get a urine culture and a urethral swab culture done to rule out any infection with either yeast or chlamydia. The treatment can be directed according to the cause if the reports are positive in form of antifungals or antibiotics for a week during which you have to avoid intercourse till complete resolution is achieved. I hope I have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards

Related Q&A

Q: Are you able to look at a photo of my friends lower body - and tell me if you see any worrying skin areas - such as e...

Q: I fave a few small blood blister type bumps on the edge of the head of my penis. Can't figure out what it is called. ...

Q: Hi. I am a 56 yr old female. I went to the doctor because I was having a little discharge, no noticeable odor, (to me...

Q: I have a red patch beneath the penile head under the foreskin, and there is a red spot at the lower end of the penile...

Q: Hi Doctor, I am 37 year old male and I have been in a relationship for 7 years. I had an sti test at the start of the...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon