I am writing a research paper about diagnostic errors so

Patient : I am writing a research paper about diagnostic errors so i need answers from a professional in the medical field, so what is a diagnostic error in youre own terms?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. I think that you have to read deep into the subject of diagnostic error. It is absolutel y not a topic that can be answered well on this forum. Basically a diagnostic error is an error in the diagnosis. This is complex when the diseases become complex as the disease is not easily understood and the diseases may mimic each other. There can be many causes of an error and you should read up on the topic as I cannot tell you all of them. Hope this helps.