I am writing from an area that was hit by


Q: I am writing from an area that was hit by earthquake. My cuzin got injured by a brick that fell on her hand. It is now swollen and cannot bear the pain. Can you help me please. What can I do for her. There is no doctor near me.


A:   Thank you for writing to us.

If your cousin is able to move her hand, then she does not have a fracture. But I still recommend that you splint the hand. The next thing you can do is to ice the area. Any type of ice is fine. If the ice is from outside, please place it in a bag and then ice the area to reduce the pain and swelling. You can ice for 15 mins every hour.

Also, try to find Paracetamol, Ibuprofen or Aceclofenac. Anything ending with -ofen and -fenac may be a painkiller and can be given at 2 times a day to reduce the pain. When a Doctor is available please see him.

Hope this helps you. All the best.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi I Hited my head little hard in the bottom of pool now Iam having neck pain as well as top of the head swollen

Q: I was inner tubing down a steep hill and fell off onto a patch of ice. I hit my elbow directly. I am able to move my ...

Q: Hello, My mother had severe pain and numbness in legs around 2 months ago. She was not able to walk freely. Spine ...

Q: RN of 27 years lifted a patient falling out of a w/c. That was the 13th. Increasing abdominal, hip, thigh pain despit...

Q: Im a 43 year old male and about a day and a half ago I started experiencing a dull pain from my scrotum (or left test...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon