I an had allergy/sinus attack (not sure which) with over

Patient

Q: I an had allergy/sinus attack (not sure which) with over 4 weeks of constantly blowing nose (clear), now one nostril (mostly left) is clogged most of the day and I have Post Nasal Drip too. During the allergy attack I also had a bunch of excess mucus build up in my throat. I had moments where I had to gag in order to cough what little bits I could out. Could I have a deviated septum, polyp, or infection of some sort and what do you recommend I do?

Symptoms:  Nose blockage, post nasal drip, dry nose
Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

You seem to be suffering from Allergic Rhinitis. Since you have been on treatment with antihistamines and nasal spray which didn't help, I would advise you to first of all get an X-Ray Para Nasal Sinuses (PNS) and Serum IgE levels done.
X-ray would help to rule out any nasal polyposis, which might be the reason from your recurrent sneezing.
Serum IgE levels will help us to be sure that this is actually allergic or something else.
If the X-ray PNS shows slight sinus infection, then it can be treated with conservative treatment. But if the infection is severe, you would require surgery for the same.
Conservative management includes:
1. Steam inhalation 4-6 times a day.
2. To take anti-allergic like Levocetrizine
3. In cases, who don't respond to anti-allergic drugs, Fluticasone Nasal spray.
4. Shirt course of antibiotics like Amoxycillin and Clarithromycin.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy