Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I become so bloated and have uncontrollable flatulence after

I become so bloated and have uncontrollable flatulence after

Patient: I become so bloated and have uncontrollable flatulence after eating a regular meal. This is quite embarrassing but my stomach becomes so bloated that my attire is extremely uncomfortable and no longer the proper fit. This pushes into my stomach, causing more pain and no control as I get up to excuse myself. Again, quite embarrassing, I don’t know who else to ask, the air build up seems to put pressure on my vagina, causing unwelcome pleasure, sometimes reaching uncontrolled climax. It greatly interferes with daily life. Just trying to relieve the gas is an ordeal.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,The typical bloating sensation after eating and increased flatu lence is often indicative of possible helminthiasis or amoebiasis or even colonies disease like Crohn’s disease.It is suggested that a stool culture , routine and microscopy may be opted for first to rule out any amoebic cysts and also red blood cells, which if found, then you should be placed on anthelminthics and gut antibiotics for a week for the same. If the symptoms are not relieved then a possible endoscopy and colonoscopy may be done to rule out any intestinal cause.You may discuss the options with your physician in detail and take an informed decision.I hope I have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards